WHAT IS RIBOFLAVIN?
Riboflavin also known as Vitamin B-2, is an essential nutrient required for life. One of the most important uses of riboflavin is that it helps in the production of energy in the body. The vitamin is water soluble, which means the body cannot store it, but it is vital for red blood cell production and growth.
Carbohydrates, fats and proteins all interact with riboflavin when releasing energy for our bodies to use. Riboflavin also acts as an antioxidant which can prevent premature aging and chronic illness.
NATURAL FOOD SOURCES OF RIBOFLAVIN
It’s naturally found in organ meats such as liver and kidney and in many vegetables, legumes, nuts and leafy greens like spinach. Some of the richest sources include calf liver, torula yeast and brewer’s yeast, while almonds, wheat germ and mushrooms, milk, cheddar cheese and eggs are also good sources.
– Riboflavin is involved in energy production in every cell.
– Riboflavin helps convert carbohydrates to sugar which acts as fuel to carry out bodily functions. It is also critical to the breakdown of fats and proteins into energy your body can use. The enzymes involved in energy production do not function optimally without adequate riboflavin in the diet, which may lead to fatigue.
– Riboflavin is an excellent antioxidant which protects your body from free radical damage and aids in slowing the process of aging and many chronic diseases.
– Riboflavin is essential for the formation and proper functioning of fresh red blood cells. It interacts with iron which is used to synthesize hemoglobin (a major component of oxygen-carrying red blood cells.) Keeping hemoglobin levels high, helps your body to get the oxygen-rich blood necessary to perform the daily functions of life.
– Riboflavin is essential for the growth of healthy body tissue, including skin, hair, nails, and connective tissue. (One of the most common signs of riboflavin or vitamin B-2 deficiency is scaly, dry skin, cracked lips and lesions around the mouth.)
– Riboflavin ensures proper growth and healthy reproductive organs
– Riboflavin helps to maintain a healthy immune system by enhancing the natural immunity by strengthening the antibody reserves and by reinforcing the defense system against infections.
– Riboflavin protects the nervous system: Vitamin B2 can help in treating various nervous system conditions such as multiple sclerosis, anxiety and epilepsy.
– Riboflavin helps to prevents acne. It helps improve the mucus secretion of skin and might clean up the skin pustules.
– Riboflavin (B-2) also plays a major role in the functioning of the other B complex vitamins like vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Therefore, lack of riboflavin in the body can hinder the activity of other vitamins.
– Riboflavin is used in iron therapy for the treatment of sickle cell and iron deficiency anemia.
– Riboflavin may lower the risk of cataract in people.
– Riboflavin helps in the repair of tissue, healing and infection
– Riboflavin assists in regulating thyroid activity.
– Riboflavin helps prevent conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, acne, and migraines.
Riboflavin/B-2 metabolites such as Flavin Adenine Dinucleotide or “FAD” are co-factors in the Krebs Cycle that produces energy. This coenzyme is an important component of the electron-transport chain. This is crucial because a deficiency of mitrochondrial energy reserves has been observed in migraine sufferers and many people exhibiting poor cerebrovascular tone. Furthermore, migraineurs experience significant mitochondrial energy deficiencies prior to a migraine. Replenishing them with high dose ribolavin helps to avoid migraines.
Note: “Flavin” refers to any of a group of yellow nitrogen-containing pigments, as riboflavin, that function as coenzymes. Because the vitamin riboflavin is water soluble and not stored in the body, excess riboflavin not utilized by cells in the body is safely eliminated through the urine causing it to turn yellow.
MigreLief provides 400mg of Riboflavin, which is significantly higher than most multi-vitamins or B-complex products.
Multiple studies have demonstrated that high dose riboflavin can reduce the frequency and intensity of migraines in both adults and children. While women suffer migraine attacks three times more than men, both men and women equally benefit from riboflavin treatment.
The Journal of Headache & Pain reported on the results of a study; Riboflavin Prophylaxis in Pediatric and Adolescent Migraine, “… In conclusion, riboflavin seems to be a well-tolerated, effective, and low-cost prophylactic treatment in children and adolescents suffering from migraine.”
(J Headache Pain. 2009 Oct;10(5):361-5. Epub 2009 Aug 1. – Riboflavin prophylaxis in pediatric and adolescent migraine – Condò M, Posar A, Arbizzani A, Parmeggiani A, Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy.)
COMBINATION OF NUTRITIONAL THERAPIES
Riboflavin – Magnesium – Fevefew
Nutritional deficiencies, inflammation and vasospasms can independantly and togehter contribute to migraines occurring. While riboflavin can be effective at reducing migraine attacks, combining riboflavin with magnesium and feverfew provides three mechanisms of action, each working independently and together in a triple therapy approach to battling migraine disorder. All 3 are listed in the “American Academy of Neurology’s Evidence Based Guidelines For Migraine Prevention
(Superior Efficacy of Puracol Feverfew™) (Magnesium Helps with Much More than Migraines
In fact, a 2003 study in the Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association noted that using riboflavin in combination with feverfew and magnesium, helps to maintain normal cerebrovascular function aiding the blood to flow more properly in the brain. When the blood is flowing the way it should, it can prevent sudden spasms and decrease inflammation, resulting in the prevention of migraines.
MigreLief – Triple Therapy with Puracol
Making a difference in the lives of migraine sufferers worldwide since 1996, MigreLief Triple Therapy with Puracol™ comes in 3 formulas to meet everyone’s needs; Original, Childrens (age 2-11) and +M (menstrual/hormonal migraines.) Visit MigreLief.com for more information.
Helping You to Get Well and Stay Well is Our Bottom Line: Akeso formulates world class dietary supplements that provide nutritional support for the most common health issues that concern people most, such as migraines, headaches, joint health, stress & anxiety, memory, sleeplessness, breast health, etc. Changing lives is the reasons we wake up every day passionate about the special products we provide to our customers.
Sign up for priority access to coupons, specials, health tips, product announcements and more!