A few ways to stay cool in the extreme heat
- Soak a t-shirt in the sink in cool water (not cold or chilled water), wring it out, put it on and sit in the shade or in front of a fan. (You may want to save this one for when you’re alone, unless you’re going for that ‘wet t-shirt’ contest look!)
- Fill a plastic spray bottle with water and freeze over night. You will have a cool mist that lasts for hours.
- Soak your feet in cold water. The body radiates heat from the hands, feet, face and ears, so cooling any of these will naturally cool the body.
- Wear light colors! Darker colors will absorb the sun’s rays and be warmer than light or white clothing, which reflects light and heat.
- Minty fresh – use mint scented or menthol lotions and soaps to cool your skin.
- More alcohol – just the rubbing alcohol please! Put some rubbing alcohol on a damp washcloth and hold it on the back of your neck and sit near a fan. The evaporative effect can feel 30 degrees cooler!
Sign up for priority access to coupons, specials, health tips, product announcements and more!
More articles like this one