Many of you who use or know about just how effective the doses and types of magnesium that are found in MigreLief can be for helping prevent migraines, may not be aware of its other substantial health protecting benefits.
For example, a recent article in the Journal of Clinical Nutrition revealed that people who eat foods rich in magnesium reduce their risk of stroke caused by blood clots in the brain (referred to as ischemic stroke) by 9% for each 100 mg. increase in their daily magnesium intake and by 8% per 100 mg. of magnesium for all other kinds of strokes. (An extra 400 mg. per day of magnesium in addition to the other health benefits listed below, will reduce your risk of stroke due to a blood clot in the brain by 36 %.)
Other very important health reasons you need to consume enough magnesium on a daily basis are:
• Helps to maintain healthy blood sugar levels
• Helps to maintain healthy blood pressure levels
• Helps to prevent heart attacks
• Helps keep the heart beating regularly
• The citrate form along with potassium helps to prevent kidney stones
• Helps with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
• Reduces risk of heart pains (angina)
• Helps prevent spasms of breathing pathway in asthma
• Helps protect the bones against osteoporosis (may be more important than calcium)
• Helps to prevent the symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
• Helps to reduce urinary urgency in women
• Helps to reduce or eliminate leg cramps
• Helps to prevent constipation
Daily intake of magnesium should be about 800 mg. per day from all sources. Good sources of magnesium are:
• Bran (rice, wheat, and oat) – ½ cup contains about 460 mg.
• Dark chocolate – 2 ounces contain 200 mg.
• Nuts – i.e. almonds, cashews, brazil nuts, walnuts approximately 200 mg. in 2 ounces
• Sunflower seeds – 200 mg. in 2 ounces
• Edam me – (cooked soy beans) – 225 mg. in 2 ounces
So for those of you using MigreLief to control your migraine headaches, know that you are also getting these important health benefits as well.
For those of you fortunate enough as to not suffer from migraines, I hope this article convinces you to pay attention to your daily intake of magnesium. It is an excellent investment in both your short and long-term health.
Curt Hendrix M.S. C.C.N. C.N.S.
RECOMMENDED READING: MAGNESIUM FOR MIGRAINES – IS IT ENOUGH?
The only multi-patented, physician recommended nutritional supplement for either men, women or children over 12 years of age, who suffer from chronic migraine.
» Buy Now
Helping You to Get Well and Stay Well is Our Bottom Line: Akeso formulates world class dietary supplements that provide nutritional support for the most common health issues that concern people most, such as migraines, headaches, joint health, stress & anxiety, memory, sleeplessness, breast health, etc. Changing lives is the reasons we wake up every day passionate about the special products we provide to our customers.
Sign up for priority access to coupons, specials, health tips, product announcements and more!