The brain of migraineurs likes consistency. Many factors change with the seasons and influence migraines. Changes in sleep patterns, light, air pressure, temperature, humidity, and fragrances, can all increase the frequency and tendency of migraines.
Beware of hotter days. A team of researchers at Harvard found that an increase in temperatures occurred 24 hours before increases in admissions to emergency rooms for treatment of migraines. There is not much a patient can do to control the weather or avoid warm temperatures or changes in barometric pressure, therefore it is important to be vigilant about managing other triggers such as sleep and diet. Avoid well-known food triggers, and drastic changes in your sleep pattern if you can. It is also very important to stay well hydrated and to avoid strenuous outdoor activities or exercise during times of the day when it’s excessively warm or humid.
Spring is allergy season, and for many people, sinus or allergy headaches can lead to migraines.
Tips to avoid “Spring” migraines:
1. To avoid airborne allergens in your home, clean or change A/C filters
2. If you are allergy-prone, make sure your allergy meds are handy.
3. With higher temperatures, dehydration occurs even if we don’t feel dehydrated. Dehydration is a big cause of migraines. Drink lots of water
4. Stick with a sleep schedule, try to go to bed at the same time as much as possible, and determine what number of hours is best for you. Both too little and too much sleep can increase migraine risk.
5. Light (photophobia) is a major contributor to migraine risk. Purchase a polarized, high-grade pair of sunglasses and wear a hat with a brim to keep out even more light.
6. Be careful of new fragrances that you introduce not only in perfumes but moisturizers as well.
Follow these tips, use your Migrelief daily, keep fast-acting MigreLief-NOW on hand for emergencies, and enjoy the fun and beauty of Spring.
To the Best of Health,
Curt Hendrix, M.S., C.C.N., C.N.S.
Helping You to Get Well and Stay Well is Our Bottom Line: Akeso formulates world class dietary supplements that provide nutritional support for the most common health issues that concern people most, such as migraines, headaches, joint health, stress & anxiety, memory, sleeplessness, breast health, etc. Changing lives is the reasons we wake up every day passionate about the special products we provide to our customers.
Sign up for priority access to coupons, specials, health tips, product announcements and more!