Migraine is an extraordinarily prevalent neurological disorder and is the result of a combination of genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that play out in the brain as oxidative stress, cortical spreading depression (CSD), neurogenic inflammation, and dysfunction in cranial vascular contraction. Migraines present themselves through many possible symptoms, including different types of head pain, nausea, vomiting, auras (light spots), sensitivity to light and sound, dizziness, numbness, and difficulty in speech. One migraine event can last as long as a few hours to several days.
Here are a few of the challenging facts:
- Migraines can affect anyone, anywhere and are experienced by over 1 billion worldwide.
- Migraine is the 3rd most prevalent illness in the world.
- About 18% of women, 6% of men, and 10% of children experience migraines.
- The migraine disorder can be passed down from a parent to a child— about 90% of migraine sufferers have a family history of migraines, and as many as 70 percent of people with migraines report having a parent or sibling who have also had them.
- Most of the genes associated with migraines are active in the muscles that surround blood vessels within the brain.
- People with other medical conditions, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar, sleep disorders, and epilepsy are more likely to get migraines.
- There is no cure for migraines—treatment focuses on relieving symptoms and preventing additional episodes.
- Migraines are a public health issue with social and economic consequences.
MORE THAN TWO DECADES OF EFFECTIVE NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT FOR MIGRAINE SUFFERERS
Curt Hendrix, Akeso Health Sciences Co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer has been doing research in the field of neurological disorders for decades. His work led to the first patent to reveal the benefits of riboflavin for maintaining healthy levels of mitochondrial energy reserves (powerhouse of cells), and for maintaining normal cerebrovascular tone and function (brain blood vessels health) for migraine sufferers.
Curt’s approach to researching and formulating a nutritional response to migraines was to first look at biological mechanisms of action that lead to the improvement of the condition. The botanical Feverfew became part of his focus due to its established history as a “traditional medicine”. While scientific evidence in a number of studies has grown, Curt was also looking at the impact of extraction processes that can remove naturally occurring phytochemicals that may be required for the most optimum benefits.
The culmination of Curt’s work resulted in MigreLief, a successful triple action nutritional response to support those with migraines. Each ingredient is backed by multiple double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies published in top medical journals showing sought after benefits that are key in successfully supporting neurological comfort. MigreLief offers ingredients at clinically studied amounts:
• Puracol® Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) is unique to MigreLief. Delivered in optimum, clinically-studied amounts, Akeso’s Puracol® is a proprietary combination of whole leaf feverfew high in naturally occurring phytochemicals and a special feverfew extract. Supports proper cerebrovascular tone and function, and platelet aggregation that can otherwise lead to vasospasms (the contraction and dilation of blood vessels in the brain).*
• Riboflavin (vitamin B-2) is an important neuro-protective mitochondrial nutrient especially important for migraine sufferers. Riboflavin is recommended in high doses to mitigate oxidative stress and neuro-inflammation, as well as elevate mitochondrial function in the brain (the powerhouse of cells). A deficiency of mitochondrial energy reserves has been observed in some persons exhibiting poor cerebrovascular tone, and multiple studies have demonstrated that high dose riboflavin benefits both adults and children.*
• Magnesium is a nutritional supplement with numerous effects that support cerebrovascular tone. These include: 1) inhibition of platelet aggregation; 2) interference with synthesis, release, and action of inflammatory mediators; 3) direct alterations of cerebrovascular tone; 4) inhibition of vasospasm; and 5) stabilization of cell membranes. Almost half of all migraine sufferers have low blood levels of magnesium, which is critical in controlling vasospasms. Several double-blind placebo-controlled studies have demonstrated that oral magnesium is of nutritional benefit to both adult and children migraine sufferers.*
MigreLief provides comprehensive, synergistic nutritional support to migraine sufferers, which is why it has been recommended for years by physicians, including neurologists and top headache specialists, and has helped hundreds of thousands worldwide.
Message from Formulator Curt Hendrix
“My life has been dedicated to discovering and adhering to standards of excellence that include my Five Critical Formulation Practices:
- Having a clinical understanding of the optimal synergistically functioning combination of ingredients able to produce the desired physiological benefits
- Knowing where on the planet each ingredient comes from and 3rd party testing for potency of required constituents
- Knowing how ingredients are extracted so as not to cause degradation
- Utilizing the most beneficial and bioavailable form of each ingredient
- Providing science-backed doses of each ingredient in per-day recommended servings
As a customer it is difficult to recognize the quality of a product by looking at the label, seeing an ad, or reading a piece of marketing literature. This is because substantial variations exist between the products in the marketplace regarding adherence to all of the points I’ve just mentioned. This is why I, and the team at AKESO Health Sciences, does the work for you, and why we share what we know. Every AKESO formula is developed to provide you with an effective option for your health care needs—and we make ourselves available to respond to any questions you have.
Especially during this time on the planet, we are all more aware of how fragile health can be and I am committed to earning your trust because your well-being is what my life is all about.”
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.