FLAXSEEDS….ONE OF THE HEALTHIEST FOODS YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR DIET!
Flaxseed is a superfood that has been consumed worldwide for over 6,000 years. Today, flaxseed is available in the form of seeds, oils, powder, tablets, capsules, and flour. The nutrients in flaxseed include lignans, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and polyunsaturated fatty acids such as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), or omega-3. Consuming these nutrients is believed to help lower the risk of various conditions. Anti-inflammatory Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA) is necessary for a wide range of functions in the body and lignans are antioxidant substances that promote hormonal balance in addition to other benefits.
Benefits of Flaxseed
- Improves digestion, skin, and cardiovascular health
- Promotes cholesterol and hormone balance
- Fights cancer
- Curbs sugar cravings
- …and more!
One tablespoon of ground flax seeds contains the following (1):
Protein: 1.3 grams
Carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 1.9 grams
Total fat: 3 grams
Saturated fat: 0.3 grams
Monounsaturated fat: 0.5 grams
Polyunsaturated fat: 2.0 grams
Omega-3 fatty acids: 1,597 mg
Vitamin B1: 8% of the RDI
Vitamin B6: 2% of the RDI
Folate: 2% of the RDI
Calcium: 2% of the RDI
Iron: 2% of the RDI
Magnesium: 7% of the RDI
Phosphorus: 4% of the RDI
Potassium: 2% of the RDI
I have been adding flaxseeds to my morning protein shake for years, not only do they taste quite good, (sort of nutty) but take a look at the documented health benefits of flaxseeds.
CHECK OUT THE HEALTH BENEFITS THAT HAVE BEEN DEMONSTRATED IN HUMAN CLINICAL STUDIES
- Consumption of flaxseed reduces appetite and food intake – Study 2012 Journal APPETITE, Jan.5
- Flaxseed has therapeutic value in type 2 diabetes – Study PMID: 26561065
- Flaxseed improves symptoms of enlarged prostate in men Study PMID: 23566060
- Flaxseed improves symptoms of enlarged prostate in men Study PMID: 11911282
- Flaxseed reduces tumor growth in patients with breast cancer Study J Clin Cancer Res. 2005
- Flaxseed lowers blood pressure in people with high cholesterol Study Eur J Clin Nutr -2007
- Flaxseed lowers circulating total and LDL cholesterol Study PMID: 19515737
- Flaxseed reduces prostate growth and PSA (a prostate cancer marker) Study J Urology -2008
- Flaxseed reduces prostate cancer proliferation pre-surgery in men. Study J Cancer Epidem Biomarkers -2008
- Flaxseed helps control hot flashes in women, not on hormone therapy. Study PMID: 17761129
- Plant lignans (like those in flaxseed) reduced the risk of developing estrogen and progesterone positive breast cancer in postmenopausal women Study J Nat Cancer Inst.
Now that you know how the nutrients in flaxseeds can help fight many diseases, be sure to add them to your diet. They can be eaten in many ways but simply add one or two heaping tablespoons of ground flaxseeds to shakes, or salads, or cereals to get the impressive health benefits described. You can also add the seeds or ground powder as an ingredient when baking muffins. Enjoy and stay well!
To the Best of Health,
Curt Hendrix, M.S., C.C.N., C.N.S.
Helping You to Get Well and Stay Well is Our Bottom Line: Akeso formulates world class dietary supplements that provide nutritional support for the most common health issues that concern people most, such as migraines, headaches, joint health, stress & anxiety, memory, sleeplessness, breast health, etc. Changing lives is the reasons we wake up every day passionate about the special products we provide to our customers.
Sign up for priority access to coupons, specials, health tips, product announcements and more!