March 24th, 2011
Since the earthquake and Tsunami in Japan, radiation and its potential life-threatening effects has been a hot topic on people’s minds. Millions of people have rushed out to buy potassium iodide but few understand its limitations and what else can be done.
High Energy Ionizing Radiation Like That From the Nuclear Accident in Japan Can Cause More Than Just Thyroid Cancer.
The iodide form of iodine, works to protect against thyroid cancer, if taken before or upon early exposure to ionizing radiation, but does little to protect against other forms of cancer like, leukemia, bone marrow cancers, skin cancers, breast cancers, myeloma, stomach and colon cancers.
In fact, though iodine may be protective against breast, prostate and ovarian cancers, it is only pure iodine, not the iodide form of iodine that these organs absorb, so potassium iodide would probably not be protective for these cancers.
Because ionizing radiation sources, remove electrons from healthy cells, this causes the cells to become oxidized free radicals and therefore powerful antioxidants like vitamin C and those found in fruits and vegetable may be very protective against these other kinds of cancers that potassium iodide would not protect against.
So in the event that we become exposed to high levels of ionizing radiation like those the Japanese are now exposed to, it would make a lot of sense, to implement the following regimen:
Supplements and Foods to Add or Exclude to Your Anti-Radiation Diet:
• Consume 2-3 grams a day of vitamin C
• Reduce or eliminate alcohol consumption
• Decrease meat consumption. Increase fish consumption
• Reduce sugar consumption
• Eat five servings a day of fruits and vegetables, especially broccoli, broccoli sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower
• Increase fiber consumption via whole grains and flax seed fiber
• Take one drop a day of Lugol’s Solution or 1 tablet a day of Iodoral, both of which are sources of both iodide and iodine (many conventionally trained physicians think that this level of iodine supplementation can interfere with thyroid function, though we do not see this belief supported in the literature, and in fact, this level of iodine supplementation may be very protective against breast and prostate cancer. Furthermore, these levels are lower than the levels of potassium iodide recommended by the government, so obviously there is some kind of disconnect here)
• Take 5000 IU daily of vitamin D-3
• Take 1500 mg daily each of curcumin and green tea extract with a minimum of 30% or more of EGCG
To the Best of Health,
Curt Hendrix, M.S. C.C.N. C.N.S
Everyone at MigreLief is deeply saddened by the tragic events in Japan and our thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan, their families, friends and all victims of this terrible tragedy. In an effort to help, MigreLief will be contributing a portion of this months sales to assist in the relief and recovery efforts.
Enter Coupon Code ” Safe “ at checkout for $1.00 off the purchase of MigreLief
for migraine relief and prevention - the safe, natural alternative to suffering with migraines
and side-effect prone prescription drugs.
(Coupon Code not good with any other offer – expires 4/15/11)